DISC profiles explained: S is for Steadiness
People with the S style place an emphasis on cooperating with others within existing circumstances to carry out the task..
A person with an S style
- is motivated by cooperation, opportunities to help and sincere appreciation
- prioritizes giving support, collaboration and maintaining stability
- is described as calm, patient, predictable, deliberate, stable and consistent.
- may be limited by being indecisive, overly accommodating and tendency to avoid change
- may fear change, loss of stability and offending others.
- values loyalty, helping others and security
- personal accomplishments
- group acceptance
- power through formal roles and positions of authority
- maintenance of status quo and controlled environment
Will need to expend more energy to:
- quickly adapt to change or unclear expectations
- promote themselves
- confront others
When communicating with the S style individuals, be personal and amiable, express your interest in them and what you expect from them, take time to provide clarification, be polite, and avoid being confrontational, overly aggressive or rude.
DISC Classic Patterns: Specialist, Achiever, Agent, Investigator