DISC profiles explained: D is for Dominance
People with the D style place an emphasis on shaping the environment by overcoming opposition to accomplish results.
A person with a D style
- is motivated by winning, competition and success.
- prioritizes accepting challenge, taking action and achieving immediate results.
- is described as direct, demanding, forceful, strong willed, driven, and determined, fast-paced, and self-confident.
- may be limited by lack of concern for others, impatience and open skepticism.
- may fear being seen as vulnerable or being taken advantage of.
- values competency, action, concrete results, personal freedom, challenges.
- unique accomplishments
- new opportunities
- control of audience
Will need to expend more energy to:
- show patience
- display sensitivity
- get into the details
- allow deliberation
When communicating with the D style individuals, give them the bottom line, be brief, focus your discussion narrowly, avoid making generalizations, refrain from repeating yourself, and focus on solutions rather than problems.
DISC Classic Patterns: Developer, Results Orientated, Inspirational and Creative